Beautiful 6-bedroom rustic house on a 2 ½ hectare (5 acres) nature sanctuary. The property is a magical oasis walking distance from the center of Historic Escazú, which still maintains its colorful traditions, yet close to all the modern amenities of New Escazú, with its upscale malls, movie theaters and international dining. The capital city, San José, is only a 20-minute drive away.
Explore the rugged trails and river that wind through the property and you’ll spot an infinite array of birds, amazing insects, and if you’re lucky, a glimpse of the resident porcupines, raccoons and coatis. The property is on a dead-end road, has electric, internet, municipal water and its own well water source. There are a multitude of fifty-year-old pine trees which had been planted for lumber.
Besides the main house with three fireplaces, the property includes two income generating rental units and a workshop/laundry building. All windows open out into the lush nature and each bedroom has its own private entranceway.
The property is perfect for a private estate, an eco-cohousing project, a small lodge, hotel or bed and breakfast.
• Property: 2 ½ hectares, wooded with river, parking for 5 vehicles
• Main House: 375 sq. meters, split level, 6 bedrooms, two baths, beautiful cedar wood inside and out.
• Rental unit 1: 80 sq. meters, 3 bedrooms, 1 bath, wood exterior, drywall interior
• Rental unit 2: 55 sq. meters, 2 bedrooms, 1 bath, Concrete block construction
• Workshop/laundry: 60 sq. meters, 1 bath, wood construction